Friday, September 10, 2010

Graduation Cake



In June, I was asked to do a graduation cake for a friend of ours. (Not sure why the date on the pic says January.) Kyle didn't care what it looked like but he knew he definitely wanted fondant. So I decided to do a few books and add a graduation cap to the top. For each of the 3 book layers, I used one and a half 9x13 cakes. I alternated each layer between butter and chocolate cake. I covered each layer in white buttercream icing, then wrapped each in a different color fondant, and added page marks to look like a book. For the top layer I used one and a half 6 in round chocolate cakes and wrapped it in white fondant. I then added a top to the hat and put on Kyle's actual tassel that he wore for graduation. It was a very time consuming cake but definitely worth it for the end result.

No comments:

Post a Comment